Monday, February 25, 2013

chronicle of Vasha 5


Subject: how lucky are we?!

Wow! It has been an absolutely incredible rollercoaster of a week in the last 4 1/2 days since i last emailed! So i guess really half a week.First off thankyou for those of you who sent letters! They were greatly appreciated and perfectly timed! Also thank you so much Auntie Ingrid, Uncle Leon, Christopher,and Alexandro for the amazing package! WOW!!! is the only way i can describe all the goodies and such inside! THANK YOU!!!
 
SCRIPTURE(s) THE WEEK:
Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."
Psalm 18:30
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in Him."
This has been especially true this week! I know that without my Heavenly Father and Saviour, i, nor my companion, would have been able to get through these last few days, or the days to come. During weekly planning on Friday morning, we received a phone call from Sister Xiong's sister that their father had just passed away. I knew her dad had been sick the last few days, and we had been praying for him, so when I heard her start crying while on the phone, I knew exactly what had happened, and my heart just sunk. I was absolutely petrified, and was having flashback of when I heard that my older brother, McKay, had passed away while serving his Lord in the Romania Bucharest Mission. I wasn't sure that i would have the strength to go through something like that again, and i didn't know what to do. So while she was on the phone with her mum, i stepped into the other room, and knelt down to plead with my Father in Heaven to give me strength and bring her comfort. As soon as i was a few sentences into my prayer, peace flooded through me, and i knew that i would be able to do whatever it was that my dear companion needed. I knew that with the help of my Heavnely Father, my Saviour, and my brother McKay, i would be able to do whatever necessary to help her. I still know this. I have been able to testify to her over and over again of the amazing power of the Atonement, and the Plan of Salvation. It has only given me even more of a conviction and solidified my testimony even more of eternal families. It is sooo amazing to me, how much love our Saviour and brother Jesus Christ had for us to sacrifice himself and go through such intense agony, that we might once again be with our families. Not just our families here on earth, but our giant eternal family with our Heavenly Father. He also loved us sooo much that he let his firstborn son sacrifice himself for the rest of His children. I cannot even comprehend how hard that must have been for Him! I know that in all we do, it will never be enough to pay them back, but we MUST do everything in our power to try to be worth of His sacrifice. We MUST use all of our strength, desire, and might to take full advantage of the Atonement so that His love will not have been in vain. Let us not spit in His face and ignore the potential the Atonement has opened up for us and our brother and sister souls, but let us help EVERY SINGLE PERSON we know have the same opportunity. WE CANNOT EVEN COMPREHEND the lengths to which our Saviour Jesus and our Heavnely Father have gone to for us. Lets show them our gratitude through our thoughts, actions, and words. Through our testimonies. and Through our efforts to spread this most glorious gospel message!!!
 
My companion will be going home, we are still arranging the when, how, and what; but my next email will have all the information and adventures of this coming week.
 
AWKWARD/RANDOM MOMENTS:
***That awkward moment whe you try to compliment someone to start a contact and you tell her her clothes (yi1fu2) are pretty and she thinks you said skin (pi1fu4) and she goes off about how her skin is too dark and she wishes it was whiter and how your skin is also too dark, and you need to coverup more and take care of it if you want to ever get married!
 
I love you all and hope you all have a splendid, faithful, and hope filled week!!!! Zai Jian!!! (it means good bye)
 
Wo ai Nimen!
 
-Bao Jiemei ><


No comments:

Post a Comment