Monday, March 4, 2013

chronicle of Vasha 6


Learning to Fly.....

Hello all!!!
SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
2 Ne 22:2
 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will atrust, and not be afraid; for the Lord bJehovah is my cstrength and my song; he also has become my salvation."
TRUST IN THE LORD!!!! We really truly do not need to have fear when we trust in the Lord! :)
This week we do not have much time to email because I went and picked up my NEW COMPANION! this morning! Woot Woot!!! She is so great! Her name is Allison Smart from Indiana! She is great and SHE ALSO LOVES ENGLISH!!! So we are going to do great together! She is very happy, this is her first time being senion companion...and She's Training me!!! hahahah we are in for such an adventure! It's basically like we are white washing the area! So crazy but it's going to be SOOOO MUCH FUNNNN!!!!
My new comp seems great! She's from Indiana but she's been studying at BYU. She loves english class just like me! and she also likes dinosaurs like me. and she's also happy like me! So we'll be just fine! This is her first time being a senior companion...and she's training me! So WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AN ADVENTURE!!!!!!!! Holly will do AMAZING at teaching! And EVERYONE will love her :) We have half an hour every morning for exercise. We usually go running at a track!
It was a good last few days with Sister Xiong before she went home, and then I was in a tripanionship with sisters newman and giraud-carrier. We had a lot of fun covering two areas, english proselyting, tracting, contacting, etc. It was a really great last week! I picked up my new companion from the mission home about 2 hours ago and I'm super excited! It's going to be great! I'm definitely going to stay in contact with sister xiong, and I also gave her our home address and mum's email and phone number. I think that when things settle down a little bit, she might call. She is an amazing woman though and will be very strong for her family. One older brother, two younger brothers, and one younger sister and members along with the parents. The rest are not. They are really frustrated and having an extremely difficult time. Sister Xiong's dad also had 9 younger brothers who are all living, they are not members and are all also very upset. With their culture, they are all involved in the arrangements for the family. so there is a lot of stress and emotions getting into all of it. The parents were only baptized about a year and a half ago, so it's been hard on the family.
Mummy, I've Gotten your letters!!! and package! Thank you!!! :) We can't avoid riding our bikes at night, but we ride in well-lit areas, we have head lights and tail lights, and we are very careful of traffic since there is always a lot of it. Do not worry about me!!!
Okay random highlights/funny stories/and awkward moments from the week!
***While at our investigator, Vicky (she did not end up getting baptized....YET!),'s house, we met her grandfather who is SUPER OLD! I was sitting in between Sister Xiong and Elder Xiong and her grandfather asked if I was Elder Xiong's wife!!!! I started laughing and Elder Xiong, in his calm way, explained that we are missionaries, what we do, and that HE IS ONLY 18 YEARS OLD!!! hahahah too funny!
***THIS WEEK I LEARNED TO FLY!!!!....over my handlebars! hahahahha Spastic moments, man yelling at me like crazy, Sister Newman braked suddenly, I tried to brake...my bike stopped....I did not! I FLEW over my handlebars, over Sister Newman and her bike, hit the pavement and somersaulted out of it up to my feet!!!! I do not know how it looked....but I know  I FELT EPIC! hahahah then I check to see if she was okay (she didn't even get knocked to the ground though her bike tipped over without her), and then ran around trying to pick up my tracts with had flown EVERYWHERE!!!! hahahaha everyone just looked at me with super huge eyes...then drove away on their scooters, cars, and buses. hahahahhahahahaha And I am perfectly fine! Thank you rugby for teaching me how to fall without dying!!! WHOOOOOO!
***This week I was also asked by Elder Bailey (Bao Zhanglao) to be a presenter at our mission wide English Training Conference....because I'm engergetic and I LOVE ENGLISH CLASS!!!! hahahah I have no idea still what I'm going to be teaching....but I'll pray about it and figure it out!!! Super pumped!!!
Well I have no time but I want you all to know that I LOVE THIS WORK and Taiwan! and the people! It is so amazing to see the Light of Christ in God's children and to help them recognize it! The gospel is true! the work is good! and my time is up! LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Zai Jian!
Love, Bao Jiemei!

sister newman and me

mosquitoes bitesabd tan lines




No comments:

Post a Comment