Monday, March 11, 2013

chronicle of Vasha #7


hello from the beautiful Island of Taiwan!! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!! We had a party for English Class that night, and I told them it was for your birthday :) SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY from a bunch of Taiwanese people who can't quite speak english!!! so I guess it's more like "Happpay Birday!!" hahahahaha LOVE YOU DADDY SO MUCH! sounds like you had a lot of fun :) especially at Cabelas and up in Midway! I'll have to color a picture and send it home so you can put it up on the wall for me ;)
Well this has been a super busy, super fun, and super quick week with my new companion!! They say the better it is, the quicker the time goes by, and i believe that wholeheartedly! This week has been wonderful and very busy! But first....
SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK!!!:
Jacob 7:25
"Wherefore, the people of Nephi did fortify against them with their arms, and with all their might, trusting in the God and rock of their salvation. Wherefore, they became as yet, conquerors of their enemies."
We all need to FORTIFY ourselves with all our MIGHT, then when we can do no more, TRUST IN GOD! He is our salvation!!! But first we must do all that we can! In our area, we have a bit of an interesting relationship with the ward. It also has a rough reputation in the mission for not having a lot of support. it makes me appreciate how amazing my wards back home were :) So this week we made a goal for these next few months to really Guan1 Xi1 the ward (build our relationship) and find any way we possibly can to serve them. We've also been able to meet with the leaders in the ward, and tell them what we've been doing to help their members, and then asking them how we can improve. It's been good, and it will continue to improve. But as we make this goal, we need to remember that first me must do all we can with all our might, then trust in the Lord to help us make up the difference.
The other day, I saw a giant Kubota Heavy Equipement Tractor driving up the street....super weird!
I realized the other day that I feel like I'm not progressing in my language as well as I'd like, but then I realized that I think that I need to be humbled first and really learn to listen. If I had been able to speak right away, I would be talking too much and overpowering my lessons and investigators. I think this is why I'm not so stressed about speaking as much as I could be. That I just need to be humble, and trust in the Lord to help me when I need to get His message across.
Sorrry I don't have a lot of time today because we are preparing for the English training for this thursday...for which I AM A PRESENTER! for the WHOLE MISSION! so I'll be traveling down to Gaoxiong and stuff with the assistants!! Super excited! But it's taken my whole pday! I LOVE YOU and I'll write you a more detailed letter this week and better email next week! Kia Kaha. Arohanui!
AWKWARD MOMENTS!!!
***Today we awkwardly rode our bike through a funeral procession...aka people crawling down the street while wearing pink hooded cloakes, who were also wailing and following a path....we didn't know what to do, so we just kept riding! hahahah I felt so horrible! I hope we didn't offend all of Taiwan!
***Yesterday our Ward Mission Leader asked if Adele was bigger than me, I said maybe? Then he said; "Wow! she must be really strong then!"
***A little girl in my English Class named Xin Chen told me that her English name was "Octopus!" but then at the end of the lesson she changed it to "Butterfly"
***WE HAD AN EARTHQUAKE!!! During our weekly planning! So crazy! And so baby! hahahahah
Well my time is up, but the work is true! I love this gospel! And trust in the Lord!!!
Thank you to Coach Collin and the United Rugby Club for their support and love, and my sweet new Rugby Bag!!! :) That is so awesome:)  Love you all and good luck this season!!!

Sister Naivasha Hani Burrows




No comments:

Post a Comment