Monday, March 25, 2013

chronicle of Vasha #9


Subject: Happy Spring Equinox!!! and HAPPY EASTER!!! Fuhuo Jie Kuai Le! **Happy Resurrection Festival!**

WELL HELLO EVERYONE!
ASHTON ALSO EMAILED ME!!! Super happy about that :)
I hope that everyone had a splendid Spring Equinox and is looking forward to a great Easter Weekend! This past week has been amazing and fill with a few days indoors ORGANIZING EVERYTHING!!! It's been great!!!!
SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength...They shall run, and not be weary; and shall walk, and not faint."
When we rely on the Lord in ALL THINGS that we do (Thoughts, desires, actions, etc) He will give us strength. If we align our will with the Lord's and do what he requires of us, he will give us the strength to succeed. This is true in all aspects of life, whether as a missionary, or in our work, in our families, or in our ward families. We must serve him, and to do that we must serve others. WE ARE HIS CHILDREN and we must ALWAYS remember that. :)
QUOTES OF THE WEEK!!:
Elder Carl B. Cook:
"We must look up and step up. And as we do, I know we will cheer up, for God wants us to be happy."
This is soooo great! If we follow the advice of the prophet and his apostles, and we always look Heavenward. We will be able to keep a more positive outlook on life, and be able to be so much more happy! That is God ultimate goal. To help us acheive our FULL POTENTIAL and to have ETERNAL JOY!
Elder Neil L. Anderson (quoting a Christian Mum's blog):
"[Growing] up in this culture, it is very hard to get a biblical perspective on motherhood...children rank way below college. below world travel for sure. below the ablitiy to go out at night at your leisure. below honing your body at the gym. below any job you may have or hope to get....Motherhood is not a hobb, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. it is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It's what God gave you time for."
WOW! This is so true! and think about what our roles in life here on earth are. Parenthood is up at the top. And I AM SO GRATEFUL for amazing parents who realized this. That God sent them here to be my parents. They have really taken that to heart and have done everything they can to teach us children to make good choices. They have been so patient with our crazy antics. and when we messed up, even messed up real bad, they always helped to guide and lovingly direct us back on the right path. THANK YOU MUM AND DAD and to all other parents out there who take their families seriously. You are a rare breed, and God treasures you! THank you for your examples and love you have shown me in my life.
Well like i said before, we spent more time inside organzing our books, old records, former investigator files, and contact cards. It's really fun, but weird, to see my friend Megan (formley Starley) Hendrickson's name on the old records! It's cool to see where she and her companion went and what they did, and to be able to pick up from where they left off and try to help the same people come unto the Lord!!!
FUNNY/AWKWARD STORIES!!!!....this one really might be too awkward for some people (like auntie Linda)....so WARNING!
****We were at our Ward Correlator's home for FHE last night and my companion and I taught the lesson and led the game. It was all really fun and we were all sitting around afterwards chatting and bonding with our investigators, RCs, and members. Little Butterfly was running around and we were teaching her some girls' camp songs in English and fun stuff like that. She really LOVES me! When we were getting ready to leave, she ran up and hugged my leg so I bent over to say goodbye to her. When I did her eyes got HUGE!!!! She reached up and started smacking my boobs with boths hands and said: "Zhege hen Da!!!! ZHEGE HEN DA!!!!" x4 (Translation:These are HUGE!!) hahahahahaha her mum and everyone starting laughing really hard....of course I was laughing way hard tooo....(PS don't worry mum, I was wearing a high-cut and completely modest shirt)....and her mum told her that someday she'll be like me and can have big boobs too...and then told me that all women in Taiwan wish they could be like me.....after all this...Butterfly looks at me again....hits my boobs again...and then yells ZHEGE HEN DA!!!! x3 hahahahahahahaha If it had been anyone else they probably would have died of embarrassment....but i just laughed...hahahahahahahaha
Well that's prbably enough awkardness for this email....
Daddy, Thanks for the mula in my account! :) I also wanted to just tell you about how during my Personal Study the other day Iwas reading the NOV 2011 Liahona (Conference Issue) and I was reading Sister Dalton's talk "Love Her Mother." You are exactly what she describes! You really have been my hero my whole life, and Ive looked up to your amazing example for as long as I can remember. Some of my best and most fond memories from my childhood are spending time with you. From the way you treat mum and me, I have always been able to have a good sense of self value, and I know that I will never marry someone that doesn't treat me good, because I've seen how you treat mummy and I want someone like that. Thank you so much for being such an incredible father and good husband to my mother. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Have a great week :) Thank you!
I also got a really awesome letter from my friend Elder Lotutlelei who was in my MTC district. He's in Tonga right now, and he sent me a card/letter made out of Tapa Clothe! Super awesome! He also gave me a CTR necklace made out of a shell....SUPER Sweet! So thanks to him!!! :)
Well I love you all and I want you all to know that missions are the GREATEST THING EVER!!! There are so many highs and so many lows. You have investigators that you just want to understand the gospel, but you have to realize that they need to be ready. There are also people who are eternal investigators for other missionaries, but when you teach them, they just decide that yes, they do after all want to take the path that leads to Eternal Glory. It's amazing how close you feel to the Lord, and also how much you sometimes feel alone. Through it all though, if you try your hardest and do your best. The Lord will guide you to those that are ready, or He will guide them to you. He will never EVER desert you. EVER.
We will watch Conference, but not live. And we'll just watch it at our church. THey'll record it and we'll watch the English version, while our ward will watch a translated chinese version. I think we watch it the week after conference...but I'm not really sure about it!
I LOVE YOU ALL and hope you all have an AMAZING EASTER!!! and Happy Conference!!!!
Love and Hugs.
Sister Vasha Burrows
Bao Jiemei

lunch at a recent convert - Tina's home

bedroom

sister smart and Burrows


No comments:

Post a Comment