Sunday, April 21, 2013

chronicle of vasha 12


Subject: amazing conf, love from friends, musical numbers!

Well Hello all!!!
 
If you've emailed me or written me and haven't heard back, I promise and email...or even better! a hand written letter! is on it's way to you! I love you all and appreciate all you've done for me! THank you for your support!
Elder Matt Gummow is now in my area, and he remembers mom from LPHS. He was in mine and Ashton's chinese class when you substituted for us! He is in Ashton's grade, and his older sister was my older generation in the MTC. She's in Taipei on her mission.
I've been trying to rack my brain with all the most exciting things that happened this week....but i'm really struggling! Just a week of offering salvation to people! NBD The usual! hahaha even though that TOTALLY is a big deal! 

SCRIPTURE[S] OF THE WEEK:
Psalm 118:24
"This is the day which the Lord hath made. Rejoice and be glad in it."

Everyday has the potential to become something so fantastically magical! We just need to remember who gave it to us, and slap that smile on our faces, and get to doing His work! "Each day is a gift." Isn't that what they say? And isn't it so true? How much different would our lives be if we remembered that God Himself gave us each breath we take, each sight we see, each glorious sound we hear? It's amazing just how much we have, and how much we have to offer to others! Please, remember where and who your day came from!!!

ALMA 22:16
"Aaron said unto him: if thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest." 

BOOM! Enough said! Thank you Aaron Mosiahson!!!


QUOTE[S] OF THE WEEK!:
Elaine S. Dalton: "She understood who she was and whose she was." - wow...never forget where you came from!!!

Spence W. Kimball: "As we give, we find that 'sacrifice brings forth blessings of heaven.' and in the end, we learn it was no sacrifice at all." - It really seems that the things that we feel are the most difficult and hardest to withstand, are the things we look back on and are most grateful for. I am grateful for every single hard thing in my life. They made me who i am, and taught me about who i need to become!

Jeffrey R. Holland: "Do not let questions stand in the way of receiving miracles." Isn't it so true that we let questions and doubts keep us from really understanding and receiving all the blessings that we could be? If we could just wholly trust in the Lord, think of all the blessings that would thunder down from the heavens! way too many to soak in!

Okay, i'll leave some quotes for next week...there are just too many great ones! Our church leaders are just AMAZING! 

Well this week has been really quite interesting weather-wise. It'll be very hot one moment, and the next pouring rain and quite cold! It makes me wonder what summer and then rainy season are really going to be like! hahahaha I'm in for some epic adventures i'm sure of it! :D 

HIGHLIGHTS/AWKWARD MOMENTS/ADVENTURES OF THE WEEK:
***Last Monday night we took the 45 minute bus ride up to dongshi to visit one of our progressing investigators. She has a little grandson named Nan Nan whom we call Didi :) He is precious and ABSOLUTELY LOVES ME! He is 2 yrs old and calls me Aiyi (auntie). Whenever we go over he runs up to me and say "Autnie! I love you!" He is super cute and when i ask him to say things in English, he'll always repeat me, but not his gma and my comp. Last time when we went up to see them, during the prayer he kept trying to climb up onto my lap and saying "Aiyi bao bao! (auntie hold me!)" and climbed up onto my foot and then tried to make his way up my body clutching onto my skirt and sweater. I felt so horrible nudging him away and not letting him sit onto my lap! :( But i also understand the importance of being perfectly obedient to our Mission rules.
***We met these three girls at a bus stop....one of them i wasn't really sure if it was a boy a girl (sadly that's a pretty common occurrence here!) and when she asked my companion if we thought she was a boy a girl, i was so glad my comp was like..."Ummm...girl?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that awkward moment!!!!
***I've seen TWENTY THREE (23) Cats since i've gotten to Taiwan!!!!
***This old man came up to us on the bus and sat RIGHT next to my comp. Then he proceeded to tell us that he was EXTREMELY rich, and exactly how much money he makes each week, month, and year. Then he told us that he had two sons and one was a doctor and that's why his skins is so perfect. Then he just kept going on and on about how great he was while i was trying not to laugh!!! Finally we just invited him to church and got off the bus!


mom and dad, so I've been having more problems with my gallbladder and having a lot of pain and being sick for the last week. I talked to President Bishop about it last Pday and he said that he thought it was my gallbladder and told me to go to the hospital and see a doctor. We went to the doctor and got lab tests and an ultrasound and they found out that i have a gallbladder disease with gallbladder sludge. They gave me some medication for about two weeks and told me it might make me feel better, but if i still have pain, they recommend that I have my gallbladder removed. I said that if there was a problem, he thinks i should just get it taken out and taken care of, but he's gone for two days and when he returns we'll discuss what he thinks. Total if I have the surgery it will cost less than $3000 USD. I wanted to let you know what the situation is, and what you think. I love you very very much and do not want you to worry about me. I hope this doesn't affect your vacation too much, and i want you to know that i'm really being taken care of here! I love you both!
Well that's all i can think of for this week! I hope you are all doing amazing and remembering who gave you your day!!! I LOVE YOU ALLLLL!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo 
Love, Bao Jiemei! xoxoxox :D


ps SHOUT OUT to Tess, Amy, and Brad McCormick for the killer package! That is exactly what every missionary needs! Thank you so much for the uplifting and inspiring words! Love you alll!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment