Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chronicle of Vasha 29

Well hello there Everyone!

I hope everyone had great weeks and i just wanted to say thank you for all the prayers and fasting. They were felt and appreciated! :D
 
Also thank you Burrows Clan for the AMAZING package and cute notes. It made my day and came at a really good time. THANK YOU!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
Boyd K. Packer:
"Now, fathers, I would remind you of the sacred nature of your calling. You have the power of the priesthood directly from the Lord to protect your home. There will be times when all that stands as a shield between your family and the adversary’s mischief will be that power. You will receive direction from the Lord by way of the gift of the Holy Ghost.
The adversary is not actively disturbing our Church meetings—perhaps only occasionally. By and large we are free to assemble as we wish without much disruption. But he and those who follow him are persistent in attacking the home and the family. The ultimate end of all activity in the Church is that a man and his wife and their children might be happy at home, protected by the principles and laws of the gospel, sealed safely in the covenants of the everlasting priesthood. Every law and principle and power, every belief, every ordinance and ordination, every covenant, every sermon and every sacrament, every counsel and correction, the sealings, the calls, the releases, the service—all these have as their ultimate purpose the perfection of the individual and the family, for the Lord has said, “This is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.”
This last week was 8月8日 so in Taiwan that's baba day, or in other words: Fathers Day! during my personal studies this week, I came upon this quote  and I loved it so much! I haven't thought so much about my future, especially future family, more than I have while on my mission, especially lately. I just have seen and learned so much that I want to apply to my future family, so that I might have a strong marriage and children that stay strong and steadfast in the Church. While i read this quote i thought about my father and how amazing he is, and yes there will be "times when all that stands as a shield between your family and the adversary’s mischief will be that power." I know that i am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing father who was/is a wonderful example to me and my family. He's always remained worthy to hold not just the Authority of the Priesthood, but the Power as well. He and my mum have been so amazing in keeping our family centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyday when I bear testimony of families and their eternal potential to people, I'm so glad that I can tell them of the good relationships that I have with my family members and of the amazing up bringing that I had. Thank you to all those, especially my parents, who've always been incredible examples to me!! :D
Scripture of the Week:
Proverbs 4:7, 14-15
"
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.14 ¶Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. 15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away."
I truly believe that we have an obligation to get wisdom and to be able to decipher for ourselves what is good, what is wicked, and have the mental, emotional, and spiritual maturity to be about to "avoid, pass not by it, turn from, and  pass away" all evil things. I had somewhere else i was hoping to take this thought, but i'm having a really hard time focusing so i'll just end with that. 
AWKWARD/FUNNY/WEIRD/AWESOME MOMENTS OF THE WEEK:
***Every week we have an Investigator Activity/FHE for all our I's and RCLA's. This last Friday, Snoopy, an investigator, came up to me with this ipad and showed me my facebook that he had pulled up. He was talking about how beautiful he thought I used to be, then asked me why I was less pretty now! hahahahaha I told him it was because I am a sister missionary and we can't be too beautiful or it would be distracting to people hahahaha he also told me my brothers are incredibly shuai (handsome) and that my didi (little brother) looks just like Taylor lautner! hahahahahaha
***There is a little boy in my ward named Yi Hao. He's one of our amazing/golden RC's son. he is 3 1/2 and loves to run around like crazy at church and home and stuff. He's super cute, just super active and loud....but I've compeletely got him trained now! I bring fruit snacks and treats that my family sent me...the only problem is that now at any church event/meeting he will not sit with anyone but me. hahaha but when he sits with me he is very quiet and will draw and play with the pens, paper, and cards I give him. I figure his mum appreciates the break sinces she's 7 1/2 months pregnant and her husband is a non-member. Who says we can't figure out ways to serve young mothers while still keeping within the rules? yeah yeah yeah!

***Xiaogang's Got Talent!!! Wow I was invited to perform in a RS talent show so I figured why not? get to know the sisters in the ward, etc. Then I show up with music that I planned on just sight reading, no practice and what do you know.....It's a ward-wide talent competition!! Wow I was NOT prepared, but I performed anyways and it was fine...THEN they invited us missionaries to do an impromptu musical number/talent. Good thing Elder Gish is pro at the guitar and Sis W is good at singing! We hurried and pulled together a duet with us singing and Elder G on the guitar to Howie Day's "Collide"....and it was TERRIBLE!!!! but the ward loved it so no worries!!!
***Our investigators that have been progressing along nicely came to church! and one of them was from the Philippines and speaks no Chinese....so i had to translate! wow I didn't know how much I really actually understood...and how much english I'd forgetten how to say out loud until that moment! but yeah....it's good I guess!
Yeah. I guess the point is I'm not in control. I just have to not be so weak and just continue on.Trying not to fall off your bike and trying to continue on may be all people like Parley P. Pratt could do some of the time when things got hard and he was sick. I'm not sure how productive he was at times either. Not sure we would know today what it was like then. Also, I'm not sure what my point is either. Just rambling. I love you. Dad
Mommy and Daddy, thanks for all you are trying to do. just so you know....just because you pray for something and you don't get it, doesn't mean God is ignoring your prayers. it just means that's not what is best for you at the moment.  I guess being healthy is not what's best for me right now. but that's okay. God will do what he wants and help me out in his own way. hope you have a great week! love you both so much! continue to have fun with the YSAs :D 
 
Well that's all the time I have today, sorry for the unfocused and scattered thoughts! Hopefully next week will be better! I love you all and know that God and our Saviour love and know you all as well. Strive to find opportunities to continue to serve those around you and remember that you are His beloved children. LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Love Bao Jiemei!!! 包姊妹<3  Vash


No comments:

Post a Comment