Monday, June 10, 2013

chronicle of Vasha 20

招呼家人和朋友!HELLO FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

I hope you've all had a spectacular week and plan on having another wonderful leading up to Father's Day!!!

STORY OF THE WEEK:
Shane M Bowen "Agency and Accountability"
There is a story told of an old Cherokee teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One is evil: he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good: he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you—and inside every other person too.” The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?” The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
I love this story, and I read it at a very good time! I feel like this week, i have been feeding my Gaddianton Robber Wolf a bit more than my Ammonite Wolf. And The lord helped me to see it. I knew that i was getting prideful, I knew that i needed to check myself before I wrecked myself, but I didn't, and now I know that the time to be humbled is at hand. We were doing really great, our numbers were progressively getting higher each week, and we were improving. Then I got prideful, not in anything that i said or did, but inside my heart and mind. It affected my ability to work well, and this week the numbers are not so great. Now I understand exactly what I was doing wrong, and I will not be making that same mistake again....at least anytime soon hopefully! I always need to check my pride. 

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
Bill Forrest: "Two men can do anything as long as one of them is the Lord." 
LOVE THIS!!! and it can definitely tie into my pride thing....as long as I remember that I am "about my father's business" and always involve Him in it, asking for feedback and accounting back to Him daily, I will not forget him. I will forget myself and only remember the Lord and his precious children!

SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
3 Nephi 5:13
"Behold, i am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the son of God, i have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 
I AM A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD. What a great calling! What a great responsibility. We have all been called, but are we chosen right now? Are we living our lives in a way that others can recognize us as Christ's disciples upon sight? This is important to remember as we go about our days making decisions and in the way that we interact with others. 

I hope that all made sense....it takes a lot of work and thought to write these emails in full english each week! Which is super weird to me! hahaha and i look back and realize that what I wrote was super rambly and confusing. hahahah so sorry!!!

This week has been good, except of course being prideful and not getting as high of numbers as we were hoping! But mei guan xi i learned from my mistakes and this next week will be incredible I'm sure! After the Lord is on my side!
 

I am going to have to get into cycling when I get home, I love my bike so much! I feel if I had a mission that used cars, I would struggle a lot being trapped inside and always sitting. Blegggh! Bu xi huan! 
 think that i will grow my hair out....just not this summer....because it is just way tooo hot! I do like having really long hair, and really short hair (because it's super convenient i can let it dry it by itself! When it's long i cannot, because it's too humid and doesn't ever completely dry.) It's also really thick....and one of the sisters who left right before I came had really thick long hair....and it grew mold! Even though she washed and dried it everyday! Gross!!! I sweat way to much to have long hair here! Anyways.... The guy who cut it is a RC from down in Gaoxiong and next time he comes up or I go down there he'll figure how how to cut it to grow out I'm sure. I'll probably get an a line bob next or something...thats how he cut it for when it grew out!
FUNNY/AWKWARD/RANDOM/ADVENTURE MOMENTS:
***Awesome Zone Conference on Wednesday!!! Favorite quote from Sister Bishop: "Figure out what stories you want to be able to tell your children and grandchildren about your mission, then go our and make it happen!" BOOM! Soooo good, i love this so much, and now i have to think about the stories i want to tell you each week, and then go make it happen!
***We met with a new investigator Zhen Jiemei! She's so great and super friendly! She's really funny and was very concerned that i'm not allowed to date while on my mission because "what if you fine a nice Taiwanese boy here!? And you cannot date?! Taiwanese boys are very bu cuo! THey are very nice....if they're Taiwanese....not Indonesian or Philippians....but Taiwanese.....no boy is going to wait for you for 1 and a half years....no matter how beautiful you are or how good you Chinese is! Zenme ban?! Zenme Ban?! What then?! What will you do?!?!" She was very concerned for my future! hahahahah i told her when i go home i can date and that i'll probably marry an american....then she asked if  i could come back and marry a Taiwanese boy when i finished my mission. "My son is 30 and very handsome! He has a good job and takes me out to eat all the time! He's not too fat and not too skinny!" i was like good for him! hahahahaha she also really wanted us to go out drinking with her....she said she'd treat us "for free!" then showed us pictures of her and her friends partying and doing shots. Oh btw she's 52!!! Hahahaha we told her countless times we could not drink...and she just kept offering to take us out anytime we had free time....So excited to keep teaching her!!! hahahahahahha
***Random moment: I met the asian version of Orlando Bloom (Mum, he's Legolas in Lord of the Rings and Will on Pirates of the Carribean) when i was doing English Proselyting. It was super weird and i was super thrown off for a second!
***The Elders' new investigator really likes me....like really likes me....and always comes up and talks to me in between classes and meetings at church hahahhaha and I awkwardly have to be nice and then stop the conversation and walk away. hahahaha
***I've also seen 39 cats since I've come to Taiwan!!!

Well that's it for now, i hope that you all have splendid weeks! The Gospel is true, and if we remember to always keep the Lord in our hearts, we cannot stray! I love you all!!! Remember to look for opportunities to serve others and bear your testimony to EVERYONE!

Love, Bao Jiemei 包姐妹!


No comments:

Post a Comment