Tuesday, June 4, 2013

chronicle of Vasha 19

Nimen hao!?

Well this has been an interesting week, but also really great! We have a few new investigators which I'll tell you about in just a moment!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
"Often the deep valley of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can't see the Lord's hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness." 
This is such an awesome quote that i found while reading the April 2010 Conf Issue of the Liahona. So true! We truly are shaped by the events of our lives, and also the way we react to them. The way react and the attitude we have can help us to identify the Lord's hand in our lives, and to develop and build our testimonies!

SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
2 Kings 6:15-17
"Alas, my master! how shall we do?
"And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
"And  Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, i pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he say: and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."
Psalm 91:11
"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all they ways."
I felt like these scriptures were very appropriate, especially since today is the day that my older brother McKay entered the MTC 4 years ago, and two years ago today about, he would have returned home. But although he is not here on earth with us now...I know without a doubt in my heart that he is one of the angels given charge over me. I also know that he is leading an army of angels by my side, helping me with my missionary work. I have seen so many miracles on my mission thus far, and been protected in many dangerous situations. He has guided me, and protected me throughout it all. I know that the Lord is mindful of ALL his children, and that he has given me a special guardian angel, my older brother McKay, to help give me strength, protection, and guidance as i go throughout my life. Thank you Heavenly Father, Thank you Jesus, and Thank you McKay!!!!

We had a great Sunday yesterday! 5 Investigators to church! It was sooo great! We took over the investigator pool from the last sisters, but only two investigators right now are the same. One has been investigating for 2 years and is 16 yrs old. She really wants to get baptized, but her mum won't let her....so she's just going to keep going to church and investigating with us until she turns 20...which is how old they have to been here to be baptized without parental consent. 

English is great! I'm not a teacher, I'm actually doorman now! I like it better :) I get to greet/meet everyone as they come in, and when they do, we have them fill out a form with their contact information, how they heard about our program, and then we actually ask them if they would be interesting in meeting with the missionaries and learning about the gospel. some are some aren't, some change their minds after class! The class is 1 1/2 hours long, the first hour is straight English, the last half an hour is spiritual share, where we share some part of the gospel...using English of course! It's a really good program, we even have a really nice textbook that we've compiled and sell if they want it. Super cheap, and the class itself if free...so really a good deal! 
 
I'm getting my bike fixed today! don't worry...i'm safe on the elder's bike....I actually have grown very attached to it! hahaha except now he's on a giant bike that's wayyyy too tall for him....so I'm more worried about his safety!

How was the motorcycle trip? I bet Torrey is absolutely beautiful! 

ADVENTURES/FUNNY/RANDOM MOMENTS:
***This last week we also got lost on the way to English!! I lead in our area, because since the first few days, I've been able to remember all the streets and etc (God has truly guided me!) and I was leading us to our English class/mtg from the mission home. I decided to take us a new faster way, but we forgot to bring the map, so i decided to go by memory. we got LOST! It took us an hour and a half, because i took us out of our area, out of our zone, and and we were in a super sketchy part of town apparently where a bunch of women keep getting kidnapped from the last few weeks.....WHOOPS! Don't worry.....WE ARE SAFE and nothing happened....what did we learn? To always have our map...also go the longer way that we know! The extra 10 minutes are worth it!
***We had another big earthquake during Sacrament meeting! And no one even reacted! it was really funny...the earthquake wasn't even quite over when the Aaronic priesthood just continued and started blessing the water. I think that every Sunday I feel at least a small earthquake, but this one was big this time!!!

Well I'm out of time, but I hope everyone has an amazing week and looks for opportunities to serve others! LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!

-Bao Jiemei! 包姐妹



No comments:

Post a Comment