Friday, July 12, 2013

Chronicle of Vasha 24

July 7th email
Hey everyone!!!

Sorry i've been having email issues these past few weeks, so if you didn't get last weeks email, please let my mum know and she'll forward it to you! 

Said President Gordon B. Hinckley, “The happiness of the Latter-day Saints, the peace of the Latter-day Saints, the progress of the Latter-day Saints, the prosperity of the Latter-day Saints, and the eternal salvation and exaltation of this people lie in walking in obedience to the counsels of … God.”

This is sooo true! I know that everything....especially as missionaries....depends on our obedience. We cannot see the fruits of our labors, and receive blessings unless we are obedient. STRICTLY obedient. It is something that I've seen in my mission, and everyday i receive confirmations of this truth. Our happiness, peace, progress, prosperity, and eternal salvation all depend on it. I'd say that obedience is probably pretty dang important. Dui bu dui?! (Isn't it true)

I love this place soooo much! There is so much work cut out for us....but that's what makes it great! if we could white wash or go into an area that needs a lot of help...for my whole mission....I would be soooo happy! There is so much to learn from each place and each companion, and every place is so different, i get to use all my ideas and think of new one and then see the fruits of my labor....or at least the seeds! :D The ward here is pretty good, but the relations with the missionaries are again, not as good as we'd hoped. I'm excited to try some new ideas going and light the fire of the Xiaogang ward! My comp Sister Haupt is super excited as well, and we've already seen so many miracles together because of our obedience and hard work :D the Lord is really watching out for us! We are meeting with the bishop tonight to discuss the area and get to know him and his family because we don't really know him! I'm super excited and only pray that we can bike down and find his house in a timely manner :)

MIRACLES/AWESOMENESS/AWKWARDNESS OF THE WEEK:
***WE FOUND A NEW INVESTIGATOR! Her name is Lin Jiemei and she's 18 yrs old. We found her when we were doing an LA look up at her neighbors house, ran into her and she invited us in. Then we shang'd ke with her and taught her a whole first. I was able to bear testimony of many different aspects of the gospel, and we all felt the spirit. She told us she believes everything we've been telling her, including that Joseph Smith has seen God and Jesus. She is so prepared and I've never met anyone or taught anyone like her! She came to church yesterday and LOVED IT! she's even coming to english on Wednesday and bringing her little brothers. The only thing that might hold her back is if her parents say no.....they are very opposed to Christianity, but if she continues faithful, and we are obedience, i know the lord will bless us!
***69 cats seen!!!!
***Exchanges with the STLs....who also are our roommates! Wow I learned so much! I actually feel inadequate and like I've been slacking off as a missionary after being with Sis Taylor for 24 hours..;.....she contacts everything under the sun! people, pets, cars, bikes, scooters, houses, trees.....holy cow she's soooo renzhen! super intense.....I feel like I really need to nuli  (work harder) and get going in my missionary work.....
***Interviews with President Blickenstaff this week! Super excited to meet him and his wifey! 

LOVE YOU ALL AND SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT AND SPASTIC! I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MIRACLE FILLED WEEK AND LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE OTHERS! love you allllllll!!!!!! Hope On. Journey On. and Don't EVER stop Believing!!!! :D


LOVE Bao Jiemei!

No comments:

Post a Comment