Monday, July 15, 2013

Chronicle of Vasha 25

DA JIA HAO!!! 

Well, Let me just start off by saying....the fire is burning in Xiao Gang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Operation Baptism Inferno is now in effect and the sparks thereof have started a fire......because our investigator IS GETTING BAPTIZED NEXT WEEK!!!! yeah!!!! she's been investigating the church for almost a year now....and I've been so blessed to see the changes in here in just the last few weeks I've been here. It was mostly a problem with faith for her....but now she understands that she only needs believe and her faith will develop with action! She's so amazing and is finally going to enter at the gate of the strait and narrow path! SOOO PUMPED!!!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
ELDER JEFFREY R HOLLAND:
"...hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes. It was of this very incident, this specific miracle, that Jesus said, “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”6The size of your faith or the degree of your knowledge is not the issue—it is the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth you already know."

Soooo Good! This is what we used to help Amber understand that to be baptized that she does not need perfect faith....She asked us if she only had half faith and half belief if God would still accept her baptism....don't worry we assured her he would! She's so amazing and I'm excited to help her continue to progress even after she makes this first covenant with God! :D 

AWKARD/FUNNY/AMAZING/RANDOM ADVENTURES OF THE WEEK:
***Wu DX: "Try it! It's seafood!"
       ME: "Okay!" *Grabbed one and popped it in my mouth and bite down hard*
       Wu DX: "Wait! Don't eat the teeth!"
       ME: "WHAT DID YOU GIVE ME?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE TEETH?!"
       Wu DX: "Squid Beak! don't eat the middle part....that's the teeth/beak."
It was actually quite delicious after I de-beaked it! Like a seafood tasting mushroom!
 
***Okay the first contact of the day, only 15 seconds left on the light before it turns green. I turn around to say hello to a lady on her scooter behind me and right after I say hello I DROOL A WATERFALL! wow.....so I was like great, I just ruined that contact. The light turned green so I start to ride slowly, awkwardly away on my bike.....BUT THEN....she rode up next to me and was like "Wait! Can I have your phone number? I want to meet with you sometime!" MORAL OF THE STORY: Drooling does not ruin the contact! Contact on!
 
***Interviews with President Blickenstaff and Sister Blickenstaff!!! They were sooo great! And they both interviewed us actually! They are really awesome, and I'm excited to work with and under them in such a great work as this! Great things are going to happen to the Taiwan Taizhong mission and I'm so grateful that I'll be here to witness it! :D
 
***Met with the Bishop of the ward this week! Apparently it's supposed to be hard to set up with him according to past missionaries? I didn't know this so last sunday when I saw him I just was like "Hey bishop! Can my companion and I come visit your family sometime this week?" and he was like "Yeah! How about tomorrow?" that easy! Then we had a meeting with him and told him a bit about what we've been doing, what our goals and plans are to accomplish them, and what we hope to do with the area/ward of Xiaogang. Then asked him what he would also like us to do. I think he was impressed and we will continue to work closely with the ward to further the work and accomplish our mission....OPERATION BAPTISM INFERNO....and STRENGTHEN AND BUILD XIAOGANG WARD!!!!!!!!
 
Mommy and daddy, it is awesome that the reunion was so fun.  Way to go to play with all the little kids:) Good job aunt Jackie and Nika for organizing it.  Thank you Uncle Ed and Aunt Kathy for the money. 

Sorry this email is so short, but know I love you all and the work is progressing! I hope you all have splendid, miracle-filled, and service oriented weeks. LOVE YOU! Hope on. Journey on. and "first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe." 



No comments:

Post a Comment